Full Plate Publicity, a small public relations firm handling busy clients, is looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the public relations field. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom, and will complete graduate from this program ready to enter any fast-paced public relations firm with excellent skills. It’s essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
- Monitor all forms of media
- Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
- Write press releases and other materials
- Conduct follow up phone calls
- Assist with mailings, print production
- Create interview preparation materials
- Compile contact lists
- Search for press clippings
- Create or update databases
- Comfortable interviewing sources, especially on camera
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications, with phone and Internet connection should apply. An interest in the travel, hospitality, culinary and luxury lifestyle industries is necessary.
Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism
If interested, please submit a resume and three writing samples to Michelle Blackley Glynn via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is unpaid but available for course credit.